Weights & Measures
- Short, broad between the eyes
- Prominent eyebrows, drooping eyelids, good eye banks
- Muzzle broad, light colour is undesirable
- Ears, small to medium, not drooping
- Eyes, pink pigmentation around eyes undesirable
- Neck, short and deep. Strong and muscular in bulls, evenly attached to head and shoulders
- Dewlap, strong, heavy, running into a full brisket
- Shoulders, deep, strong and well covered
- Hump rounded and set in line with forelegs, blending into withers.
- Long, broad, straight and strong
- Well covered and well muscled loins
- Good deep chest
- Well filled out behind shoulders and elbow, well sprung, deep full ribs with good heart room – but without tendency to either flatness or roundedness.
- Flank well let down.
- Sheath not pendulous and showing good control of sphincter muscle
- Testicles even and well developed
- Udder well formed and not too small
- Hips wide and well covered. Not too prominent.
- Rump – long and broad with tail set only slightly lower than back line
- Pin bones wide apart and well covered
- Tail head – broad, set slightly higher than pin bones and tapering to the hocks
- Thigh – broad and full, running well down to the twist or second thigh
- Twist – full and thick, the greatest width should be at the stiffle
Legs and Feet
- Hock – strong and set fairly well apart
- Not straight, sickle or cow hocked
- Legs medium length with good strong but not coarse bone.
- Feet sound set straight even and with free action
- Light coloured hooves undesirable.
Hide Hair and Colour
- Hide loose and pliable, but without excessive folding, prefreably with dark pigmentation.
- Hair short and fine
- Colour unbroken preferred, not brindle, black is undesirable.
- The whole animal to have an apperarnce of quality.
Size and Weight
- Well developed according to age
- Weight for age combined with good fleshing, with consideration to the local conditions under which the animal has been reared
- The large sex dimorphism for example small female and large steer or bull, is a particular characteristic of the breed
- Quiet and even